The skilled technical professionals on the VAST team provide the foundation of excellence that enables us to support our client’s IT needs. Team members are encouraged to develop both breadth and depth of knowledge, learning from traditional training programs and from their encounters with customers’ problems. If you’re ready to tackle the toughest IT challenges and use the latest technology to implement elegant, effective solutions, you’ll find both opportunities and rewards working with VAST.
VAST employee benefits include comprehensive medical and dental for employee, spouse, and children, profit sharing and 401(k) plans, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation time, company paid holidays and events for the entire family, and more!
Public Cloud is the most disruptive and fastest growing area in the technology market. Please inquire about joining our winning team to help companies be more effective in navigating and managing their journey in the cloud.
Current Job Openings
Cloud Solutions Engineer
This position works directly with our customers and provides Public Cloud-related services, primarily with Amazon Web Services. Primary job responsibilities include professional services, cloud services support, and pre-sales engineering. Job responsibilities are primarily associated with cloud projects and support working on the transition of on-premises infrastructure to the public cloud for our customers. Assist customers with strategies for public cloud usage, planning for migrations, execution of migrations, modernization of workloads, cost optimization and governance, and ongoing managed services and maintenance, as needed by our customers.
- Assist with the buildout of VAST cloud practice and cloud related service offerings
- Perform Professional Services consulting project work pertaining to implementations, configurations, upgrades, support, and migrations
- Perform Managed Services consulting work on cloud-related services
- Working with our customers for their needs of infrastructure consolidations, migrations, transformations, and optimizations of dedicated, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments
- General knowledge of data center infrastructure, architecture, and basic business contingency scenarios
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building Cloud infrastructure-as-code
- Create \”proof-of-concept\” and prototypes to demonstrate feasibility and potential value for our customers
- Collaboration with the sales team on pre-sales engagements with our customers
- Collaboration with the marketing team on cloud services market research and content
- Maintain Cloud Certifications
- Creation and modification of technical documentation
- Assist in the evaluation of cloud tools, technologies, and services
- Knowledge of cloud native design and deployment principles
- Technical knowledge of heterogeneous computing environments
- Provide mentoring of cloud related tools, technologies, and services to our customers and in-house engineers
- Good written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create compelling technical-oriented narratives
- Ability to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions focused on important customer needs
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with our customers
- Experience with Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs)
- Knowledge of automation/orchestration tools
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD
- Experience in buildout and migrations utilizing containers and Kubernetes
- General understanding of server hardware, server utilization, storage area networks, networking and network/system monitoring tools
For more information about this job position, click here. To apply, please use the form to submit your resume.