Disaster Recovery as a Service
High-Speed Disaster Recovery Requires DRaaS
Human error and natural disasters can both cause your systems to come crashing down. Minimizing the recovery time and amount of data lost is vital to resuming normal operations and reducing the impact on the business.
Disaster Recovery as a Service provides a highly automated, cloud-based recovery solution. Using cloud eliminates the need to provision a backup site with expensive equipment that usually sits idle. Costs are reduced and the challenge of keeping the backup site sync’d with production is reduced. In addition, DRaaS is highly automated, eliminating the risk of your team making errors as they work through an unfamiliar recovery process during a high-pressure crisis.
VAST provides and supports a DRaaS service built on cloud from the leading vendors. Our experienced DRaaS specialists help you develop and support a disaster recovery process that minimizes your downtime and allows you to resume operations with minimal disruption to both the business and the technology team.
Scalable, Cost-Effective Application Recovery to Amazon Web Services
Elastic Disaster Recovery minimizes downtime and data loss with fast, reliable recovery of on-premise and cloud-based applications using affordable storage, minimal compute, and point-in-time recovery.
With AWS Elastic Disaster Recovery, you can:
- Save costs by removing idle recovery site resources, and pay for your full disaster recovery site only when needed.
- Recover your applications within minutes, at their most up-to-date state or from a previous point in time.
- Use a unified process to test, recover, and fail back a wide range of applications, without specialized skillsets.
- Gain flexibility using AWS as your elastic recovery site, with the ability to add or remove replicating servers as needed.
You can use AWS DRS for:
- On-Premise to AWS. Quickly recover operations after unexpected events such as software issues or datacenter hardware failures. AWS DRS enables RPOs of seconds and RTOs of minutes.
- Cloud to AWS. Help increase resilience and meet compliance requirements using AWS as your recovery site. AWS DRS converts your cloud-based applications to run natively on AWS.
- AWS Region to AWS Region. Increase application resilience and help meet availability goals for your AWS-based applications, using AWS DRS to recover applications in a different AWS Region.
Learn more in our factsheet.
Choose VAST to Plan and Implement your AWS Elastic Disaster Recovery
Amazon Web Services Elastic Disaster Recovery utilizes the AWS backbone to support any size environment, from just a few servers to a virtually unlimited amount of servers to back up your infrastructure. AWS DRS is a very cost-effective simple solution to the backup cloud and on-prem environments using a small executable agent which is installed on the server. DRS supports both Windows and Linux environments and you can pick which servers are critical and scale out and in with ease.
You no longer need to use an epensive vendor and pay expensive license fees for doing DR. With AWS DRS the client has complete control of the portal and design. With VAST expertise, we can help migrate and build a high-availability DR solution for any size client. The need for expensive hardware and offsite storage is taken care of with AWS Elastic DR. Switch today and cut your DR savings in half while increasing your reliability, RTO, and RPO times to seconds or minutes.