Microsoft 365 Data Protection
Data in Microsoft 365 Needs Protection that Matches Business Needs
Key business data isn’t just in databases, but is also in documents and emails. Microsoft 365 comes with built-in backups and data protection, but businesses need additional tools to achieve true data protection that keeps data safe and satisfies compliance requirements.
Limitations of Microsoft 365’s built-in data protection include:
- Backups and archiving don’t match business policies
- Not easily searched in e-discovery
- Third party or non-text content may not be included
- Backups can only be restored to Microsoft 365 cloud environment
Watch our video below and discover what Microsoft recommends you do in order to keep your data protected:
VAST provides support for comprehensive Microsoft 365 data protection using products from leading vendors, allowing businesses to match protection to their needs. Supported vendors and products include:
- Veritas NetBackup SaaS Protection for Microsoft 365. Get complete backups for all Microsoft 365 products, including SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams. Backups can be archived automatically in compliance with retention policies, and can be restored to the original or alternate location. NetBackup SaaS Protection also can protect other leading SaaS products, allowing consistent, easy-to-manage data protection across all your cloud-based software solutions.
- Veritas Enterprise Vault, eDiscovery, and Merge1. Data protection requires more than backups. Enterprise Vault and eDiscovery create an easy to manage, easy to search archive in accordance with compliance policies. Merge1 ensures that backups and archives preserve communications outside of email, including messaging, file sharing, and key industry software.
- Cohesity Microsoft 365 Backup & Recovery. Create rapid backups and support granular recovery options with this hyperscale-capable, easy-to-manage data protection solution.
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. Flexible backup and restore options let you backup to any destination and restore at any destination. Leverage search and export options to simplify eDiscovery.
- Druva inSync. Implement a 3-2-1 backup policy, along with consistent data retention and legal hold policies, and pre-emptively monitor data to identify ransomware and other risks. Federated metadata streamlines searches.